10 Most Popular Free Mac OS Text Editors For Web Developers And Programmers
Text Editors are always very useful for general tasks such as reading basic text files and taking notes sometimes. Every operating system is pre-loaded with a basic text editor like TextEdit for Mac and Notepad for windows. But both these text editors are far away from basic requirements that we need in them such as tabbed interface, replace or search functions.
But, now in this fast technology, you have the option to replace almost every single thing in your computer such is in the case of text editors. In this article, I am particularly emphasizing on free text editors for Mac OS X to add more functionality.
These best free Mac text editors will not only help you to do basic functions but also offers you multiple file format supports, compiler integration support, syntax highlighting etc. Also, stay tuned with us for compilation of free Windows text editors in some days.
And for now, have a look on ShareTheWarez compilation of 10 most popular free Mac OS text editors for web developers and programmers.
1) XEmacs : XEmacs is a highly customizable open source text editor and application development system. It is protected under the GNU Public License and related to other versions of Emacs, in particular GNU Emacs. Its emphasis is on modern graphical user interface support and an open software development model, similar to Linux.
3) Vim for Mac OS X : Vim is a highly configurable text editor, freely available for many different platforms. It supports tabs, full-screen editing, and transparent backgrounds. MacVim also has handy syntax highlighting to make editing/reading text files easier.
4) jEdit : jEdit is a mature programmer’s text editor built in Java language. jEdit beats many expensive development tools for features and ease of use, it is released as free software with full source code, provided under the terms of the GPL 2.0.
5) TextWrangler : TextWrangler is the powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server administrator’s tool. TextWrangler is a popular text editor for Mac OS X from Bare Bones Software. It was commercial in it starting but become freeware to their famous editor, BBEdit.
6) MadEdit : MadEdit is an Open-Source and Cross-Platform Text/Hex Editor written in C++ and wxWidgets. MadEdit can edit files in Text/Column/Hex modes, and supports many useful functions, e.g. SyntaxHighlightings, WordWrap, Encodings.
8 ) NEdit : NEdit is a multi-purpose text editor for the X Window System, which combines a standard, easy to use, graphical user interface with the thorough functionality and stability required by users who edit text eight hours a day. It provides intensive support for development in a wide variety of languages, text processors, and other tools, but at the same time can be used productively by just about anyone who needs to edit text.